Monday, September 22, 2008

Though I doubt many have heard of
postcrossing, it's actually something I was once hooked too, then forgot about, but hooked on to again.
In the modern technological era, we hardly receive handwritten, postmarked letters in the mail anymore. Everything's via email and video conferencing and yada yada. But postcrossing resurrects the joy of receiving and anticipating something in the mail in the simplest manner: via a postcard.
And what better way than to send a postcard randomly to someone in the world, and then deservingly receive one back from yet another random person elsewhere!
It's also an eye opener for someone like me, who can't afford to travel the world, and receiving beautiful postcards from countries as far as Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Iceland, Guatemala; it actually brings me a step closer to the world. And trust me, it's different from just googling a certain country online. You'll also have a chance to send a card to places like Germany, Canada, Finland, Brazil, Spain, Estonia.
It's also nice to know what people have to say about their country and what they have to say about ours. Many have said that they think it's the silliest thing for gum to be banned in Singapore, but little did I know that while we here see countless of products that are made in CHINA (til the point that it actually harms the human population), thailand, malaysia, etc.
Did you know that a German postcrosser tells me that there are many products made in Singapore over at his hometown? I did ask him what products but he's yet to reply.
And the penpals you get out of this experience is superb. People in other countries have so much money and so much time to spend on you, my japanese penpal showers me with nice chocolates and cute japanese cards all the time. Hehe.
Oh well, I just thought everyone else should have a go at Postcrossing too. (My enthusiasm has already rubbed off on Debbie, Dy, Fatin and Nana. Hehe)
I'm actually having issues at work but fuck it. I cannot be bothered about it now. And just in case I won't have the time tomorrow:
Happy advanced 51st sweetheart!
I actually took the time to count this morning, hence I feel abit accomplished that I can confidently type without having to pause. =D
ok. bye!
Labels: you're my addiction
X O X O; 10:38 pm